Ensure efficient patient circulation and respiration during epidural or spinal anaesthetic procedures performed in a lateral position with the inflatable Shoulder-Float device.
- During an epidural or spinal anaesthetic procedure performed in a lateral position, patients with a moderate degree of sedation are partially aware and sensitive to discomfort in their shoulder
Unlike pre-formed roll pads or rolled up blankets, the Shoulder-Float evolves to meeting changing pressure on the brachial plexus and axillary artery and thus assures adequate decompression at all times
Shoulder-Float does not compress over time as blankets or foam may do so, again, there is adequate pressure relief at all times.
- Is easy to place under the patient
- Reduces work-related back injuries for staff by reducing manual lifting of the patient
- Provides even weight distribution of the patient on the OR table in a lateral position
- This produces less pressure on the chest wall than use of a jelly roll, saline bag or rolled blanket
- Is adjustable before and during surgery, thereby assuring adequate decompression of the shoulder at all times
- Is extremely useful for heavy or arthritic patients.
• Inflatable Axillary Support Cushion Provides Even Weight Distribution for Surgical Patients
• Infinitely Adjustable During Surgery Enabling you to Assess and React to the Patient’s Needs
• Reduces Risk of Ischemia and Nerve Damage in the Shoulder Area while in a Lateral Decubitus Position
• Positions for Proper Circulation and Respiration
• Deflates for Easy Storage