Jaw Elevation Device – JED
The JED (Jaw Elevation Device) is a non-invasive device which maintains an open airway in situations when breathing is in danger of being compromised.
The Jaw Elevation Device (JED™) is an externally applied, non-invasive device which maintains an open airway in situations when breathing is in danger of being compromised. The JED™ may be used during any diagnostic or therapeutic procedure that requires analgesics or sedatives for patient comfort. It is applicable in operating rooms, office practices, oral surgery/ dental offices, interventional radiology suites, MRIs or ambulances. The JED™ may be left in place as patients recover from their procedure to safely secure the airway until sedation wears off.
– Maintains an open airway in sedated or anaesthetised patients without the need for airway instrumentation
– Frees medical personnel from the need to hold the jaw manually in sedated or obtunded patients
– When left in place after a procedure, reduces post-operative airway complications
– Non-invasive and easy to apply
– Provides a reusable head support, eliminating the need for blankets, towels or donuts
-Oral Surgery/Dental Offices
-Interventional Radiology Suites